1.24.2006

The Long and the Short of It

My grandmother used to say that all the time. "Here's the long and the short of it." When I was a girl I never really understood what it meant, now I think it means," Here's the quick and ugly version."

Money has been tight for the last several months so as a family we decided that things like cable television and the internet were not actually necessary to our daily survival. Turns out we were right.

In August we found out that God does have a sense of humor after all. I started feeling sick all the time, so my first thought was, " Oh crap, I'm pregnant." Like a good little adult, I ran out to my local Wal-Mart, bought a pregnancy test and went home immediatly to pee on the oh so convienent stick. The test came back negative.

Breathing a sigh of relief I decide I have a stomach bug and decide to wait it out. Almost a month later I was still not feeling any better and I decide that I am dying of some horrid disease. So, once again playing the responsible adult, I make an appointment with my doctor. The draw blood, they have me pee in the cup.....and then *insert dramatic drum roll here* my doctor tells me I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!

My first response? " No, I'm not, I can't be." Anyway.....I'm pregnant, and fat and not happy about it....the fat part anyway.

We decided, again as a family, that we could not afford to have another child at this time, so we began looking into adoption. We found a wonderful couple in New York that will be adopting the baby. James and Judy. They are coming out here to Utah to meet us in February and will be back for the birth.

Other than that not much has been going on.....well except for my daughter living with her father and the whole red-neck cops moment that happened a couple of months ago on my front porch, but I'll save that for later.....

I don't want to overwhelm anyone.

No comments: