5.22.2007

My kitchen is meowing at me.

Imagine this:

It's two in the morning. I'm half asleep and I'm thirsty. I walk into the kitchen to get something to drink and.....the kitchen meows at me.

I don't own a cat. You can imagine I'm a little surprised to hear my kitchen meowing. I immediately start to look for the source of the meowing. It is coming from the air vent in the floor. Great! Now it's two in the morning, I'm half asleep, I'm thirsty and there is a kitten stuck in my air vent. And it's scared and meowing. Now I have guilt and thirst. I'm never going to get any sleep.

I go and put pants on (no, I don't sleep in pants) and get some shoes on and I go outside. It's cold and it's raining and I can hear this kitten still meowing. I crouch down and shine a light under the trailer and call to it. I see nothing. I can hear it, but I can't see it. Terrific! It's crawled up between the floor and the insulation. This means that I have a kitten stuck between the floor on my trailer and the duct work. I can't get to it and it can't get out.

I called my landlord. He won't do anything about it. I called Animal Control. They won't do anything about it. My husband is going to crawl under the trailer after work tonight and try to get to the poor thing. If not, the guilt is going to KILL me because that poor little thing is just going to sit there and meow....

5 comments:

Brillig said...

Holy crap! I'd die! I can't believe that no one will help you, too! That's so strange.

Thanks for stopping in at my blog today! When I clicked on your profile and read that the first two movies you have listed are Legend and Labyrinth and that the first group under music that you is Duran Duran, I knew we just might be eternal friends. hahaha.

Serena Woodward said...

brillig: You should have seen me at the D2 concert. It was like a time warp. They hit the stage and I turned into a screaming sixteen year old...cried through the whole damned concert.

super des said...

Animal control won't do anything?
Have you tried the SPCA? They might know someone that can help.

Have you in the past been cruel to a cat, and this is like the tell tale meow?

SUEB0B said...

Oh man. That must be unnerving to say the least.

Paula said...

Well ... what happened???